19.8.15









i buried my heart in that evergreen ground
with deepest hopes that it would grow like you
with your sun warmed smile that could make it thrive
and words that flowed like a thirsty river
your breath was of  possibility for anything and everything

so if i can ask one thing of you
 it would be for my heart to be like yours

to be the strong
like the billowing trees that sway softly as the hard wind blows

i want my heart to be faithful like yours when it thinks it will drown in the storm
but really it is just being washed by the rain.

and that my weak heart will not be fearful
when the nights grow cold and the world seems lonely.

to know that you are there
you are here
you are with me.

_________________________________________________________________________________



And He said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness"

                                                      2 Corinthians 12:9



                                                                     


2 comments